Eliminating carbs from your diet is a surefire way to lots of pain. Even worse, it will make your moods go for a roller coaster ride.
Nonetheless, many people are going to go low carb anyways because of the rapid weight loss.
So here is how to minimize the damage from low carb dieting:
1. Avoid the complete elimination of carbs: If you completely eliminate carbs, you will suffer the worst consequences. If you only partially eliminate carbs, however, you can avoid ketosis. And ketosis is the worst part of low carb dieting.
2. Always have carbs for breakfast: This will keep you out of ketosis and it will get your body out of the starved state very quickly. Moreover, right when you wake up your body is very receptive towards carbs. Thus, the majority of carbs you eat will get shuffled to your active tissues.
3. Avoid the consumption of saturated fat: If you have lots of saturated fat, your body will not be very healthy. Instead, eat lean sources of protein and add in healthy fats to your diet. This is the best way to manage your fat intake.
4. Have more vegetables: High intakes of protein will keep you very satisfied. However, you still need to eat vegetables to slow down the absorption of the amino acids from the protein and to maintain your nutrient load.
5. Avoid the unwarranted consumption of multiple protein shakes: Having supplemental protein is not the right way to go here. You see, too much protein in liquid form is not good for your body. Your body works best with slow digesting protein in the solid state.
6. You can be more aggressive with your pre bed snack: The last thing you eat before going to bed can have no carbs in it. You see, when you are asleep low blood sugar can help increase the output of growth hormone.
Low carb dieting is not the best way to get in shape. But if you decide to follow a low carb plan anyways, follow the advice in this article!